[Neutron] Job Posting - High Pressure Neutron Instrument Scientist
samssm at ornl.gov
Wed Sep 13 17:54:17 CEST 2023
Requisition Id 11581
* Serve user groups as a local contact, assisting in experiment design and setup, user training and data acquisition. Ensure users are provided scientifically robust and appropriately reduced neutron datasets. This may involve participation, and co-authorship as appropriate, in user-based manuscript preparation.
* Pursue a high-quality personal research program using SNAP and the existing suite of neutron diffractometers.
* Grow a network of national and international collaborations, present your work and the capabilities of the beamline in major scientific conferences and publish research results in leading scientific journals.
* Attract a scientifically impactful and diverse community of Users to fully apply the unique capabilities afforded by the SNAP beamline.
* Champion developments in instrumentation, sample environment and software to help maintain and further develop the performance of SNAP.
* Foster the development of the next generation of expert neutron users, via participation in workshops, and mentoring students and postdocs.
* Ensure compliance with environment, safety, health, and quality program requirements, and foster an inclusive work environment for ORNL's diverse community of users, staff, postdocs, and students.
* A Ph.D. in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, or related field.
* Demonstrated experience in experimental high-pressure research.
* A minimum of 1 year of related experience. (Applicants with additional years of experience are strongly encouraged to apply, and we will hire commensurate with years of experience.)
* Familiarity with neutron and/or X-ray diffraction.
* A strong record of research demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific conferences.
* Previous beamline user or support experience in a neutron or synchrotron X-ray user facility.
* At least one postdoctoral appointment.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
Please provide a list of publications when applying for this position.
If you are selected for interview, you may be required to submit a minimum of 2 letters of recommendation.
About Neutron Sciences Directorate:
Benefits at ORNL:
ORNL offers competitive pay and benefits programs to attract and retain hardworking people. The laboratory offers many employee benefits, including medical and retirement plans and flexible work hours, to help you and your family live happy and healthy. Employee amenities such as on-site fitness, banking, and cafeteria facilities are also provided for convenience.
Other benefits include Prescription Drug Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Contributory Pension Plan, Life Insurance, Disability Benefits, Generous Vacation and Holidays, Parental Leave, Legal Insurance with Identity Theft Protection, Employee Assistance Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Wellness Programs, Educational Assistance, Relocation Assistance, and Employee Discounts.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting at ornl.gov<mailto:ORNLRecruiting at ornl.gov>.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.
Apply Here: https://jobs.ornl.gov/job-invite/11581/
Talent Acquisition Partner
Neutron Sciences Directorate
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Managed by UT-Battelle for the U.S. Department of Energy
Business Mobile: 865.227.9089
kimlb at ornl.gov<mailto:kimlb at ornl.gov>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Neutron