[Neutron] The 1st circular of the 4th J-PARC Symposium (J-PARC2024), Oct. 14-18, 2024

Asami SANO sanoasa at post.j-parc.jp
Mon Nov 13 09:02:32 CET 2023

Dear Colleagues,

We are delighted to announce the release of the 1st circular for the upcoming 4th J-PARC Symposium. Please find the initial details below.

                  The 4th J-PARC Symposium (J-PARC2024)
                  October 14-18, 2024, Mito, Japan

                             1st circular
                          November 8, 2023

We are pleased to announce that the 4th J-PARC Symposium (J-PARC2024)
will be held on October 14-18, 2024, in Mito, Japan.

The J-PARC started its operation of a neutron beam facility in May
2008, a muon facility in September 2008, a hadron facility in February
2009, and a neutrino facility in April 2009. The output beam power of
the accelerators is steadily increasing with the progress of the beam
tuning and hardware upgrades. The output beam power of the rapid
cycling synchrotron is reaching its design goal of 1 MW, and the main
ring synchrotron achieved the operation for the neutrino facility at
500 kW.

According to the symposium theme, "Futures of J-PARC, Futures by
J-PARC", we will discuss the achievements from 15 years of J-PARC
operation together with the progress in relevant fields around the
world. We then will discuss future and upgrade plans of J-PARC and
other facilities.

The symposium program consists of plenary, parallel, and poster
sessions. The scientific program will cover particle and nuclear
physics, material and life science, accelerator science, target and
related technologies, and R&D for nuclear transmutation. Public
lectures for the general audience and a J-PARC tour are planned as well.

The web page of the symposium can be found at
https://j-parc.jp/symposium/j-parc2024/

We are looking forward to seeing you in Mito in October 2024!

Takashi Kobayashi
J-PARC Center Director
On behalf of the Local Organizing Committee

+ Venue
Mito City Civic Center
1-7-1, Izumicho, Mito-city, Ibaraki, Japan, 310-0026
https://www.mito-hall.jp/english/

+ Date of the symposium
October 14 (Mon, Japanese holiday)
   Public lecture for general (Japanese) audience

October 15 (Tue) - 17 (Thu)
   Symposium (Plenary, parallel, poster sessions)

October 18 (Fri)
   J-PARC tour

+ Contact
J-PARC 2024 Secretariat: j-parc2024_contact at j-parc.jp

--
Asami SANO-FURUKAWA, PhD

Neutron Science Section, Material and Life Science Division
J-PARC Center, Japan Atomic Energy Agency
2-4 Shirakata, Tokai-mura, Ibaraki 319-1195, JAPAN
Tel:+81-029-284-3283
sanoasa at post.j-parc.jp