Reminder of IPNS Proposal D

Tom Worlton tom_worlton at qmgate.anl.gov
Wed Apr 17 18:12:31 CDT 1996

Argonne, IL USA, April 17, 1996

Intense Pulsed Neutron Source Call for Proposals
This is a reminder that Monday, April 22, is the deadline for proposals
for experiments to be run at IPNS from July 1996 through December 1996.  The
combined IPNS/LANSCE Program committee will meet in early June to
make recommendations on proposals for the two facilities.  Please submit
your proposals by the Monday deadline, if possible.  If you are unable
to mail your proposals in time for them to arrive by the deadline,
please fax a copy of the proposal to us, then send the original by mail.

The proposal form (IPNSPR95) is available in both rtf and pdf format
through ftp from the forms directory on the node "pnstgw.pns.anl.gov".
It may also be obtained through the World Wide Web by following the
"research proposals" and "downloaded" links from the IPNS home page at
"http://www.pns.anl.gov".  If you have your proposal as a word processing
document, you can submit it as an enclosure to an E-mail message to
"bamarzec at anl.gov".  A signed copy of the completed proposal form should also
be mailed to IPNS if you are submitting your proposal electronically.

The Scientific Facilities Initiative money we received this year has
allowed us to hire more technical support personnel and increase our
operating time, so there has never been a better time to apply for beam
time at IPNS.

We also have initiated a new Fast Access procedure for proposals which
allows for short experiments to be handled on a data collection service
basis without going through the formal experiment proposal system.
Contact the Instrument Scientist for a specific Instrument for further
information.  Information about the instruments and names and addresses
of the Instrument Scientists is available from the IPNS World Wide Web
site.

Proposals are being accepted for the following Instruments:
----------------------------
Special Environment/General Purpose/High Intensity Powder
Diffractometers:
        SEPD/GPPD/HIPD
Single Crystal Diffractometer: SCD
Small Angle Diffractometer: SAD
Low-Resolution/High-Resolution Medium-Energy Chopper Spectrometers:
        LRMECS/HRMECS
Polarized Neutron Reflectometer: POSY
Neutron Reflectometer: POSY II
Glass, Liquid and Amorphous Materials Diffractometer: GLAD
Quasi-Elastic Neutron Spectrometer: QENS

Tom Worlton
Argonne National Laboratory
Argonne, IL 60439-4814
Email:  tgworlton at anl.gov
Phone:  708-252-8755                    Fax:    708-252-4163