[Neutron] Science & Scientists at ESS meeting, Berlin Germany, 19-20 April 2012.

Roger Eriksson roger.eriksson at esss.se
Fri Jan 13 14:05:46 CET 2012

Dear colleague,

You are invited to participate in the Science & Scientists at ESS meeting, to be held in Berlin, Germany, 19-20 April 2012.

More information, important dates and registration details are available at http://esss.se/s-and-s.

The European Spallation Source is growing at a very rapid pace with the ambitious aim to produce the world’s brightest neutron beams for science by the end of this decade. This aim is achievable by the hard work of the scientific community that has the ideas and the creativity to take advantage of ESS’s unique capabilities.

At the Science and Scientists meeting in Berlin, co-organized by ESS and Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin, you will hear about the progress on this ambitious project. We will discuss the scientific and technical challenges that neutron science faces.

The meeting aims to facilitate interactions between ESS and the broad scientific community on the scientific programme and instrumentation that ESS and its partners will build for Europe. The community involvement ensures identifying and selecting the instrumentation serving future scientific needs best.

Your participation, as a user of neutron facilities, is required and important in forging the future of neutron science in Europe together.

Please have a look at the attached programme, which we think you’ll find interesting.

Also attached please find the poster of the meeting to display in your institute. We would like to ask you to advertise the meeting also to interested colleagues. Please spread the word as widely as possible.

Most welcome to Berlin!

The ESS Science & Scientists organizing team