[Neutron] Invitation to our Autumn School "Application of Neutrons and Synchrotron Radiation in Engineering Materials Science", 7.-11. October 2013 in Hamburg. Registration deadline: 1st of July

klaus.pranzas at hzg.de klaus.pranzas at hzg.de
Mon Jun 3 14:16:43 CEST 2013

Dear colleagues

We take pleasure in informing you that registration is now open for our
Autumn School "Application of Neutrons and Synchrotron Radiation in
Engineering Materials Science" to be held in Hamburg, Germany, from 7
October 2013 to 11 October 2013 in cooperation with the
Röntgen-Ångström-Cluster (http://www.rontgen-angstrom.eu).

The school will provide a systematic overview of the application of
neutrons and synchrotron radiation to the structural analysis in applied
materials. All relevant experimental methods will be covered in a
three-day course which will be followed by a two-day practical. The
practical at GEMS/DESY in Hamburg will cover various diffractometers, SAXS

instruments and tomography stations. Neutron data analysis will also be
practised.

Registration deadline is July 1, 2013

For more information please visit our website which will regularly be
updated:

http://www.hzg.de/autumnschool

Please feel free to spread this information amongst colleagues and
friends.

We are looking forward to your registration.

Best regards

Andreas Schreyer (on behalf of all co-organisers)

Prof. Dr. Andreas Schreyer
Director
German Engineering Materials Science Centre (GEMS)
Institute of Materials Research
Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht
PO Box 1160
D-21494 Geesthacht, Germany
web: http://gems.hzg.de
e-mail: andreas.schreyer at hzg.de
phone : +49 4152 87-1254
fax:    +49 4152 87-2666
Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht
Zentrum für Material- und Küstenforschung GmbH
Max-Planck-Straße 1 I 21502 Geesthacht I Deutschland/Germany

Geschäftsführer/Board of Management: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Kaysser, Dipl.-Ing. Michael Ganß
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: MinDirig Wilfried Kraus
Amtsgericht Lübeck HRB 285 GE (Register Court)
Internet: http://www.hzg.de