[Neutron] Registration deadline extended (15th July): Autumn School "Application of Neutrons and Synchrotron Radiation in Engineering Materials Science", 7.-11. October 2013 in Hamburg

klaus.pranzas at hzg.de klaus.pranzas at hzg.de
Thu Jul 4 14:36:22 CEST 2013

Dear Colleagues,

the registration deadline for the Autumn School "Application of Neutrons
and Synchrotron Radiation in Engineering Materials Science" (7.-11.
October 2013 in Hamburg) has been extended: Applications can be submitted
until 15th July 2013. Please visit our website for more details:

http://www.hzg.de/autumnschool

The autumn school will provide a systematic overview of the application of

neutrons and synchrotron radiation to the structural analysis in applied
materials. All relevant experimental methods will be covered in a
three-day course which will be followed by a two-day practical. The
practical at GEMS/DESY in Hamburg will cover various diffractometers, SAXS

instruments and tomography stations. Neutron data analysis will also be
practised.

The school is organised in cooperation with the Röntgen-Ångström-Cluster (
http://www.rontgen-angstrom.eu) and the Virtual Institute of the Helmholtz

Association "New X-ray Analytic Methods in Material Science" (VI-NXMM).

Please feel free to spread this information amongst colleagues and
friends.

We are looking forward to your registration.

Best regards

Andreas Schreyer (on behalf of all co-organisers)

Prof. Dr. Andreas Schreyer
Director
German Engineering Materials Science Centre (GEMS)
Institute of Materials Research
Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht
PO Box 1160
D-21494 Geesthacht, Germany
web: http://gems.hzg.de
e-mail: andreas.schreyer at hzg.de
phone : +49 4152 87-1254
fax:    +49 4152 87-2666
Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht
Zentrum für Material- und Küstenforschung GmbH
Max-Planck-Straße 1 I 21502 Geesthacht I Deutschland/Germany

Geschäftsführer/Board of Management: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Kaysser, Dipl.-Ing. Michael Ganß
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: MinDirig Wilfried Kraus
Amtsgericht Lübeck HRB 285 GE (Register Court)
Internet: http://www.hzg.de