[Neutron] Invitation to attend the workshop "50 Years of Neutron Backscattering Spectroscopy" on 2 and 3 September 2016 in Garching/Germany

Neutron-backscattering workshop at frm2.tum.de
Wed Jan 20 14:10:23 CET 2016

Dear Colleagues,

In 1966 Heinz Maier-Leibnitz proposed the idea of neutron backscattering
for achieving high energy resolution in neutron spectroscopy.
This concept was successfully implemented and continuously developed at
many neutron sources worldwide.

On the occasion of its 50th Anniversary a workshop will be held at the
research campus of Garching near Munich on 2nd and 3rd September 2016.
This workshop is jointly organized by the ILL, ISIS and the MLZ.

The organizers would like to cordially invite you to attend this
workshop which will present both a historical overview and perspectives
for neutron backscattering spectroscopy in the future.

For more specific information please visit our conference web-site
<www.mlz-garching.de/50-years-of-backscattering>.
Registration and abstract submission are open now.

Please circulate this mail among colleagues who might be interested in.

We look forward to an exciting Birthday Party -

Best regards,

Winfried Petry - Thomas Brückel (MLZ)
Bernhard Frick (ILL) - Victoria Garcia-Sakai (ISIS)

--
"50 Years of Neutron Backscattering Spectroscopy"

Workshop taking place at the research campus of Garching near Munich/Germany
on 2 and 3 September 2016.

www.mlz-garching.de/50-years-of-backscattering

Organizers:
Prof. Dr. Winfried Petry, MLZ
Prof. Dr. Thomas Brückel, MLZ
Dr. Bernhard Frick, ILL
Dr. Victoria Garcia-Sakai, ISIS

For administrative matters please contact:
Elisabeth Jörg-Müller, MLZ
phone: +49(0)89 289 14966
<workshop at frm2.tum.de>