[Neutron] PSI Open Position: Group Leader - Neutron Imaging and Activation Group

Useroffice (PSI) useroffice at psi.ch
Mon Oct 3 09:03:04 CEST 2016

The Laboratory for Neutron Scattering and Imaging (LNS) at the Paul Scherrer Institute operates the neutron scattering and imaging instruments at the Swiss Spallation Neutron Source SINQ. LNS scientific staff conduct a strong in-house research program in fundamental and applied science and a broad range of collaborations with industry.

The Neutron Imaging and Activation Group in LNS is responsible for the neutron imaging instruments ICON and NEUTRA at SINQ including options like a neutron microscope and a neutron grating interferometer. The group is especially strong in methods development e.g. polarized as well as diffractive neutron imaging and is involved in the instrumentation project ODIN for the ESS. The activity of the group may also include the materials science diffractometer POLDI at SINQ in the future.

For the Neutron Imaging and Activation Group we are looking for a

Group Leader

Your tasks:

  *   Lead the neutron imaging group and its science and instrumentation programs
  *   Ambitious own research together with a team of Postdocs and PhD Students
  *   User support on the neutron imaging instruments at SINQ (max 50% of time)
  *   Application for external funding for science and instrumentation

Your profile:

  *   PhD degree in physics, engineering or related fields
  *   Leading expertise in imaging techniques, instrumentation and data analysis
  *   Excellent track record in science and collaboration with industry
  *   Proven leadership, communication and project management skills

We offer:
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.

This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to 3 years.For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Christian Rueegg, phone +41 56 310 47 78, or Dr. Eberhard Lehmann, phone +41 56 310 29 63.

Please submit your application online (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Group Leader (index no. 3304-00).

Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Sevil Minniti, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland

link to job announcement:
https://www.psi.ch/pa/stellenangebote/1399

online application:
https://apply.refline.ch/673278/1399/B7dT8XS9BtdUo76yLB1MqaBA1TIpk-DjKbX3BcW4BvenuCXcfXsRcA/apply