[Neutron] International Conference on Neutron Optics 2017 (NOP2017) in Nara, Japan July 5-8, 2017

k_kakurai at cross.or.jp k_kakurai at cross.or.jp
Wed Feb 22 04:45:09 CET 2017

                        First circular
    The International Conference on Neutron Optics (NOP2017)
5 - 8 July 2017, the Nara Kasugano International Forum (I.RA.KA), Japan.
                      http://nop2017.org

 The International Conference on Neutron Optics (NOP2017) will take
place in Nara, Japan, at the Nara Kasugano International Forum (I.RA.KA)
from Wednesday 5 July to Saturday 8 July 2017.

 This conference is a satellite event to the International Conference
on Neutron Scattering in Daejeon, Korea (ICNS2017, 9-13 July 2017).
The conference is next in the series of Neutron Optics conferences
previously held in Villigen (1999), Tokyo (2004), Villigen (2007),
Alpe d'Huez (2010) and Munich (2013). Its aim is to provide a platform
for the exchange of information in all fields of neutron optics with
emphasis on new concepts and recent technical developments. The
discussions and developments following these conferences successfully
provided
neutron optics elements commonly used in the state-of-the-art, large-
scale
neutron facilities around the world. In recent years the practical use
of
compact neutron sources has been recognized to support and promote the
neutron
sciences and applications pursued at these large-scale facilities.
Following the increasing importance of the intimate interplay of
fundamental
physics and neutron science for future innovative neutron sources,
optics and
detection systems, we are planning to cover the following topics.

Web site

   http://nop2017.org

Scopes

1 Beam Production
   1. Neutron Moderation to Epithermal, Thermal, Cold and Very-Cold
Regions
   2. Down-conversion to Very-Cold and Ultracold Regions
   3. Beam Extraction
   4. Radiation Shielding
2 Optical and Polarization Components
   1. Optics (reflective, refractive, diffractive and interference
optics)
   2. Polarizing Devices and Polarization
        (polarizer, spin analyzer, polarized target)
3. Detector Technologies
    1. Scintillation Detector
    2. Gaseous Detector
    3. Solid State Detector
4 Application-oriented Assembly
    1. Compact Neutron Source
    2. Neutron Imaging and Scattering Instrumentation
    3. Neutron Medical and Industrial Applications
5 Neutron Fundamental Physics