[Neutron] Time, Work and Function: time resolved synchrotron and neutron techniques for studies of soft, biological and hard matter (TWF2018)

Reidar Lund reidar.lund at kjemi.uio.no
Wed Mar 28 22:25:09 CEST 2018

Dear colleagues,
we would like to welcome you to the workshop "Time, Work and Function: time resolved synchrotron and neutron techniques for studies of soft, biological and hard matter” (TWF2018) that will take place the 13th-15th of June 2018 in Oslo, Norway.
As the title indicates the workshop will be rather broad in terms of scientific areas, but with a focus on scattering techniques and in particular time resolved and in operando studies of kinetic processes. We will have several main topics, among which are Energy Materials, Soft Matter, Biological Matter, Inorganic Functional Materials and Catalysis.
The workshop is sponsored by ESS & MAX IV: Cross Border Science and Society, an InterReg project in the ÖKS region that Includes seven universities in the region as well as the new facilities ESS and MAX IV:  http://max4essfun.ku.dk. We are also happy to announce that with additional support from the Norwegian Research Council we are able to offer registrations without inscription fee for all participants. However, please note that the number of participants is strictly restricted to 100 and that participants from InterReg will be prioritised in case of overbooking.
Please note that hotels in the period will be heavily subscribed due to a major conference in Oslo the same week. However, we have managed to block a number of hotel rooms at Comfort Hotel Express Central Station for a reasonable price that need to be booked individually. For more information see : https://www.twf2018.com/venue/
We are also happy to announce that through the NordForsk, Nordic Neutron Science Program (NNSP), we will offer a limited number of hotel rooms (two nights) for young researchers (PhD/PostDocs) from the Nordic region. Interested participants should register, submit an abstract and apply (first come - first serve basis) by sending a short request by email to: reidar.lund at kjemi.uio.no<mailto:reidar.lund at kjemi.uio.no> Please use subject line: "NNSP-TWF2018”.
Please register here: https://nettskjema.uio.no/answer/93111.html
For more information we refer to: https://www.twf2018.com<https://www.twf2018.com/>
 Plenary speakers
Nitash Balsara, University of California, Berkeley (US)
Bert Weckhuysen, Utrecht University (Netherlands)
Kazuo Sakurai, University of Kitakyushu (Japan)
Sebastian Westenhoff, University of Gothenburg (Sweden)

Invited speakers
Pascale Deen, European Spallation Source (Sweden)
Theyencheri Narayanan, European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (France)
João Cabral, Imperial College London (UK)
Samuli Urpelainen, MAX IV Laboratory (Sweden)
Michael Wulff, European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (France)
Lutz Willner, Forschungszentrum Jülich (Germany)
Paul Shearing, University College London (UK)
Elisabeth Blackburn, Birmingham University (UK)
Grethe Vestergaard Jensen, National Institute of Standards (US)

We are looking forward to seeing you in Oslo!
Best regards on behalf of the organisation committee,
Reidar

_______________
Reidar Lund,
Førsteamanuensis/Associate Professor