[Neutron] 4 - 7 June 2019: MLZ Conference "Neutrons for Information and Quantum Technologies" - Early registration closing soon

mlz-conference-2019 at mlz-garching.de mlz-conference-2019 at mlz-garching.de
Mon Mar 18 16:20:13 CET 2019

*** We apologize in case you have received this email more than once ***

Dear colleagues,

As announced earlier, this year's MLZ Conference is dedicated to "
Neutrons for Information and Quantum Technologies". It is taking place
from 4 to 7June at the Arabella Brauneck Hotel in Lenggries, not far
from Munich.

This conference intends to address a wide range of emerging topics in
magnetism, that are expected to bear high relevance to the advances of
future information and quantum technologies, but meanwhile, are not
being explored much by neutron techniques so far. This conference also
intends to cover the relevant theories and simulation methods for
quantum spin systems.

We are pleased to announce that some of the most renowned scientists in
this field have accepted our invitation to give a key note speech:

  * *Gerrit E.W. Bauer,*TU Delft & Tohoku University
  * *Wolfgang Wernsdorfer,*Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
  * *Subhankar Bedanta, *National Institute of Education and Research
    (NISER), In
  * *Andreas Michels,*University of Luxembourg
  * *Je-Geun Park,*Seoul National University, Korea
  * *Helmut Schultheiß*, Helmholtz Zentrum Dresden (HZDR)
  * *Christian Pfleiderer, *Technical University of Munich (TUM)
  * *Ulrich Schollwöck,*Ludwig Maximilians Universität München
  * *Stefan Blügel,*Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH

We would like to remind you that early bird registration is still open
until *Monday, 25 March*  and we cordially invite you to register and to
hand in contributions for talks and posters. The deadline for abstract
submission has been extended to 30 April.

For more detailed information on our workshop, please refer
tohttps://indico.frm2.tum.de/event/157/
<https://indico.frm2.tum.de/event/157/>or get in touch with the local
organizing team on mlz-conference-2019 at mlz-garching.de

We look forward to many of you attending this very special event.

Best regards,

Prof. Dr. Peter Müller-Buschbaum and Stephan Förster

--
MLZ Conference 2019: Neutrons for Information and Quantum Technologies
4 - 7 June 2019, Arabella Brauneck Hotel, Lenggries, Germany

Organizers:
Prof. Dr. Peter Müller-Buschbaum, Prof. Dr. Stephan Förster

Local organizing team:
Robert Georgii, Yixi Su
Bjoern Pedersen, Monika Krug, Elisabeth Joerg-Mueller
phone numbers: +49 89 289 -14986/-10714 /-14966

Heinz Maier-Leibnitz-Zentrum (MLZ)
Lichtenbergstraße 1
85748 Garching, Germany