[Neutron] Registration and Call for Abstracts

useroffice useroffice at ess.eu
Mon Mar 16 08:44:28 CET 2020

Dear Colleagues,

REGISTRATION and the CALL FOR ABSTRACTS for the ILL and ESS European Users Meeting are now OPEN on the conference website – neutrons4europe.com<http://neutrons4europe.com/>

Venue: AF Borgen, Lund, Sweden – 23 to 25 September 2020

Call for Abstracts (oral presentations) deadline: 6 May 2020
Call for Abstracts (poster presentations) deadline: 5 August 2020

Early bird registration deadline: 5 June 2020
General registration deadline: 2 September 2020

The neutron landscape in Europe is going through a period of dramatic change. The future is bright, but the facilities and community must take a proactive approach to manage the impending changes and ensure the vitality of neutron scattering in Europe. ILL and ESS therefore feel it is timely to organise a User Meeting.

This meeting promises a series of exciting and interesting plenary lectures, as well as an update from both the ILL and ESS. In addition, we are arranging five parallel sessions to provide focused discussions on topics including: Chemistry of Materials, Magnetism, Fundamental and Particle Physics, Life Sciences, Soft Condensed Matter, Engineering and Materials Science, Imaging and Data Science.

When registering for the User Meeting, you are asked to indicate which of the parallel topics is of interest to you. Space at the conference venue is limited and we want to ensure that the largest rooms are allocated for the topics attracting the most participants.

We are offering a small number of student bursaries, each of which will be the provision of up to 300 EUR towards accommodation for the conference. These will be offered on a first come, first served basis - please register soon if you wish to be successful.

We very much hope you can join us for a stimulating meeting on the future opportunities for neutron scattering in Europe.

On behalf of

The Directors of ILL and ESS

European Spallation Source ERIC
P.O. Box 176, SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden
Visiting address: Odarslövsvägen 113, 224 84 Lund
E-mail:    useroffice at ess.eu<mailto:useroffice at ess.eu>

ess.eu<https://www.ess.eu>

[signature_1455951734]