[Neutron] Please join us at the 2023 Gordon Research Conference on Neutron Scattering. 25-30th June in Ventura, California!!

Victoria Garcia Sakai - STFC UKRI victoria.garcia-sakai at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Mar 30 17:19:07 CEST 2023

2023 Gordon Research Conference on Neutron Scattering
Neutron Scattering for a Sustainable Society

Dear Neutron Scattering Friends,

The Gordon Research Conference (GRC) on Neutron Scattering will be held on June 25 -30, 2023 in Ventura, California, USA. The meeting will focus on the topic of "Neutron Scattering for a Sustainable Society". We have a really exciting programme, with confirmed participation from world renowned speakers and discussion leaders in a wide range of the neutron science fields. For more information, please visit: https://www.grc.org/neutron-scattering-conference/2023/

Together with the GRC, we will also hold the Gordon Research Seminar (GRS) on Neutron Scattering entitled "Realizing a Greener Future Using Neutron Techniques", which is being organized for and by PhD students and postdocs in the area of neutron scattering. This will be held on June 24 - 25, 2023, just before the GRC.  For more information please visit: https://www.grc.org/neutron-scattering-grs-conference/2023/

Be part of the discussion!
As you may know, the guiding principle of a Gordon Research Conference is the presentation of new, unpublished work, and the free, unhampered discussion that follows.  As such it is a great forum for discussion of latest scientific results, discussion on how neutrons have helped, and more importantly a forum to brainstorm what science needs from neutron instrumentation and facilities in the future. The conference is a really good forum for young and early career researchers to talk to experts, learn and network, and they are very much encouraged to join us by presenting a poster. We also encourage posters from facility staff to showcase new developments in instrumentation, ancillary equipment and software, to showcase what is available to the scientists and to discuss future needs and developments. Finally, the GRC is very committed to improving the challenges that women and all underrepresented groups face in achieving equity in science. As such there will be a dedicated discussion session with a focus on our neutron scattering community.

We hope that you will share our enthusiasm for this conference, encourages you to attend and to contribute to the continued success of this prestigious conference series.

Best wishes,

Victoria Garcia Sakai and Collin Broholm (Chairs), Pascale Deen and Dongfeng Chen (Vice-Chairs)
2023 Gordon Research Conference on Neutron Scattering