[Neutron] conference accouncement: ICANS XXIV Oct. 29th - Nov. 3rd

Xin Tong (Tony) tongxin at ihep.ac.cn
Mon May 15 03:05:55 CEST 2023

Dear All,

Since the first ICANS meeting held in 1977 at the Argonne National Laboratory, ICANS has been continuously held already for 23 times somewhere in the world. It has been about 4 years since last ICANS that was hosted by ORNL. Now we are extremely happy to announce that the next ICANS, the 24th meeting, will be held at Dongguan, China hosted by the China Spallation Neutron Source, from Oc. 29th to Nov. 3rd, 2023. Please mark your calender and we invite global neutron scatterers to participate. Also please help us to spread the news.

ICANS conference provides a unique opportunity for neutron scatterers to discuss and exchange information on all aspects of spallation sources including facility overview, accelerators, target and moderator, instruments, software, safety and operation. In addition, we are adding a sustainability session focusing on sustainable development of the source as well as neutron techniques and applications. Both spallation and reactors personnel and all neutron users are welcomed to participate.

The registration will be open early June. For all international participants, it is encouraged to obtain the visa in advance. NO quarantine is required due to Covid. Detailed travel and visa information can be found here: http://icans2023.ihep.ac.cn . For all generic, visa and business information, please find the related contact information on the website.

We look forward to meeting with you at CSNS!

Best wishes,

Xin (Tony) Tong

on behalf the International Advisory Committee (chair: Hesheng Chen), and on behalf of the Local Organizing Committee (chair: Sheng Wang)