[Neutron] AI & Scattering Workshop

Ratcliff, William D. (Fed) william.ratcliff at nist.gov
Mon May 22 15:25:43 CEST 2023

We invite you to a workshop on AI and Scattering occurring June 21st - June 23rd, 2023, at the University of Maryland, College Park.  In this workshop, we will explore the application of AI to electron, neutron, and x-ray scattering.  Topics of exploration will include deep learning, automation, and research data infrastructure.  The output of this workshop is expected to be a white paper on the status of AI for the scattering communities and present opportunities and challenges.  Online registration is available here<https://umd-mse.catalog.instructure.com/courses/ai-for-scattering>.  While we would strongly encourage you to come in person to participate fully in discussions and networking, hybrid options are available. They will be presented after registration (the fee is the same for in-person or virtual).  We have limited funds for travel support.  Please get in touch with us at aifs at umd.edu<mailto:aifs at umd.edu> if you would like to be considered for support.  Priority will be given to early career attendees.

Best,
Apurva Mehta, Ichiro Takeuchi, Jon Taylor, June Lau, Maria Chan, and William Ratcliff (organizers)