[Neutron] Honoring Bob Von Dreele on his 80th

Toby, Brian H. toby at anl.gov
Thu Sep 21 23:09:45 CEST 2023

Hi everyone,

  This December we will celebrate Bob Von Dreele’s 80th birthday with a set of talks and remembrances. This will be held at NIST in Gaithersburg, MD (USA) on Monday, December 4. We welcome talks on Bob’s contributions to science and data analysis, talks on work done cooperatively with Bob and talks where participants share how Bob’s work has impacted their own science or scientific careers. We recognize that not everyone who wants to contribute will be able to get to the Washington DC area for this. Short (<5 min) recorded presentations to be shared are also welcomed. We are investigating the possibility of live streaming or placing recordings of presentations on the web after the event.

   If you are interested in speaking, attending or wish to contribute a recording, please contact us.

   Details will be placed here as they become available: https://subversion.xray.aps.anl.gov/trac/pyGSAS/wiki/VonDreeleFest

Brian Toby (Brian.toby at anl.gov)
Jim Cline (james.cline at nist.gov<mailto:james.cline at nist.gov>)