[Neutron] Announcement: "Workshop on Scientific Benefits and Applications of Resonant Spin Echo"

Leiner, Jon leinerjc at ornl.gov
Wed Nov 1 23:28:50 CET 2023

Dear All,
We are pleased to announce the following workshop at Oak Ridge National Laboratory:

Workshop on Scientific Benefits and Applications of Resonant Spin Echo
Feb 13 - 15, 2024

We invite the neutron community to a workshop on the scientific benefits and applications of resonant spin-echo neutron-scattering. We will explore the scientific opportunities for soft and hard condensed matter, fundamental and applied physics, and engineering materials. We will examine new instrument ideas, the current and developing technology of high-frequency neutron spin flippers, polarization-correction techniques, and detectors.

We will discuss what types of resonance instruments best facilitate new science, what performance these instruments can achieve, and how a world-class instrument can be built. We will have plenary style talks and discussions led by world experts in these fields.

The workshop will be held Feb 13 - 15, 2024 in Oak Ridge, TN and will include tours of the Oak Ridge National Lab neutron facilities HFIR and SNS.

Register by December 8, 2023 through the tab on this website (https://conference.sns.gov/event/393/). There is no registration fee. There will be e-poster sessions as an option for attendees to present their research. For more information or any questions, please reach out to us.

Workshop Organizers:
Steve Kuhn kuhnsj at ornl.gov<mailto:kuhnsj at ornl.gov>
Jon Leiner leinerjc at ornl.gov<mailto:leinerjc at ornl.gov>
Laura Stingaciu stingaciulr at ornl.gov<mailto:stingaciulr at ornl.gov>