[Neutron] ISIS Facility Development PhD studentship

Pascal Manuel - STFC UKRI pascal.manuel at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Dec 18 00:29:24 CET 2023

Dear Colleagues,

We are currently advertising for a 4-year PhD studentship with a scientific theme strongly connected to Net Zero future, co-funded by the University of Manchester and the ISIS Neutron and Muon Source through the ISIS Facility Development scheme.

We are looking for candidates with a background in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Materials.

This project aims to perform detailed structural investigations of our newly developed advanced porous materials to understand their mechanism to bind and convert these gases via commissioning of the recently purchased sorption instrument by STFC/ISIS at Beamline WISH enabling simultaneous neutron powder diffraction (NPD) and isothermal measurements. For details, please visit :

https://www.findaphd.com/phds/project/online-structural-investigations-of-advanced-porous-materials-for-a-net-zero-future/?p156339 [findaphd.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.findaphd.com/phds/project/online-structural-investigations-of-advanced-porous-materials-for-a-net-zero-future/?p156339__;!!PDiH4ENfjr2_Jw!Cp71O0HRx6Z341S9DhJ8MSJlPSswz5ak5_oFWSO921suJK1-r2EACaN6oaLks8ZVAvxR__WNN7hQ1EehunSS9dOqWTQvhPc4dDk$>

The application deadline is 31st January 2024. We would be grateful if you could pass this message on to any potential candidates you may know, and encourage them to get in touch with us if they would like to find out more or apply.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best wishes,

Professor Sihai Yang & Professor Martin Schröder
Department of Chemistry
The University of Manchester
Manchester M13 9PL, U.K.

Dr Pascal Manuel