[Neutron] Special Call for Small-Angle and Reflectometry proposals at OPAL (in Sydney Australia) - initial deadline 22 November 2013 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

ROBINSON, Robert rro at ansto.gov.au
Tue Oct 29 23:50:52 CET 2013

ANSTO is issuing a special call for small-angle neutron scattering and neutron reflectometry proposals on our QUOKKA<http://www.ansto.gov.au/ResearchHub/Bragg/Facilities/Instruments/Quokka/index.htm> and PLATYPUS<http://www.ansto.gov.au/ResearchHub/Bragg/Facilities/Instruments/Platypus/index.htm> instruments respectively.  There may be up to 60 days available on each of PLATYPUS<http://www.ansto.gov.au/ResearchHub/Bragg/Facilities/Instruments/Platypus/index.htm> and QUOKKA<http://www.ansto.gov.au/ResearchHub/Bragg/Facilities/Instruments/Quokka/index.htm>, between now and the end of June 2014.

The context for this is that the OPAL research reactor's cold neutron source has now operated continuously and without a glitch since 18th July, and we now have confidence that we can serve the broader community of users again.

If you are interested, please submit your SANS and/or reflectometry proposals via our normal user portal<http://neutron.ansto.gov.au/>, under the 2014-2 Neutron round.  We intend to achieve rapid review, outside of the normal Program Advisory Committee<http://www.ansto.gov.au/ResearchHub/Bragg/About/Committees/ProgramAdvisoryCommittee/index.htm> process (following advice from the Bragg Institute Advisory Committee).  Review of submitted proposals will be done every 2-3 months, with the first deadline of 22 November 2013.  This is for beamtime between now and 30th June 2014.  Those proposals that are not selected will automatically be considered by the normal Program Advisory Committee<http://www.ansto.gov.au/ResearchHub/Bragg/About/Committees/ProgramAdvisoryCommittee/index.htm> process, with a deadline of 15th March, and for beamtime in the second half of 2014.

Yours,  Rob Robinson

Robert A. Robinson
Head of the Bragg Institute, B87
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
Locked Bag 2001
Kirrawee DC
NSW 2232
Australia

Tel:    +61 (2) 9717 9204
FAX:    +61 (2) 9717 3606
Mobile: 0417 017 503
E-mail: robert.robinson at ansto.gov.au<mailto:robert.robinson at ansto.gov.au>

www.ansto.gov.au/ResearchHub/Bragg/index.htm<http://www.ansto.gov.au/ResearchHub/Bragg/index.htm>
www2.ansto.gov.au/research/bragg_institute/contacts/dr_robert_robinson<http://www.ansto.gov.au/research/bragg_institute/contacts/dr_robert_robinson>

Important: This transmission is intended only for the use of the addressee. It is confidential and may contain privileged information or copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or further disclosure of this communication is strictly forbidden. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone and delete all copies of this transmission as well as any attachments.