[Neutron] Research Fellow Positions (Postdoc Level) in Spintronic Materials at Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, China
rosborn at anl.gov
Wed Jan 17 15:13:02 CET 2018
Research Fellow Positions (Postdoc Level) in Spintronic Materials at Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, China
Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT) is a state-of-the-art research university (http://www.gtiit.edu.cn/en/index.aspx) recently established by the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (Haifa, Israel), Shantou University, the Li Ka-shing foundation and the government in Shantou, China. We feature a brand-new campus located in walking distance to Shantou University. Shantou has an international airport and is connected to the Chinese high-speed rail system. Shantou's weather is generally pleasant with abundant sunshine - warm dry winters and hot humid summers. The local air quality is good/excellent as Shantou is located at the coast of the South China Sea (300 km north/east of Hong Kong).
GTIIT has open positions available in many research areas. We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and competent Research Fellows to conduct research projects with us.
- Salary range: US$34,000 to $49,000 / year (depending on qualifications of the candidate)
- Subsidized housing at GTIIT, China
- Health insurance: regular cover for Chinese citizens or private health insurance for foreigners
- Professional conference travel allowance
Research Fellow (postdoc level) in Spintronic Materials at GTIIT, China
We have a position for a research fellow (postdoc level) available in magnetic nanostructures. The Material and Science Engineering (MSE) Program (group of Prof Frank Klose) is looking for a scientist to lead experimental research projects in spintronic materials related to future data storage and processing electronics. Contract duration: 3 years.
Modern facilities for the growth of thin film samples using ultrahigh-vacuum sputtering and atomic layer deposition as well as state-of-the-art laboratory thin film characterization tools (X-ray diffraction, X-ray reflectometry, SQUID magnetometry) will be available. Our group extensively uses leading international Quantum Beam facilities (neutron/synchrotron science facilities and ion beam accelerators) as major research tools to develop materials for next-generation spin based electronic devices. Our specialty technique is polarized neutron reflectometry. We work in a collaborative international environment.
Spintronic materials, energy efficient processing and storage of electronic data, magnetic nanostructures, multiferroics, magnetic oxide films, stress/defect engineering of novel physical properties, electronic/structural instabilities or phase transitions in magnetic thin films, polarized neutron/X-ray reflectometry.
- PhD degree in Physics or Material Science (essential)
- Strong background in condensed matter physics (preferable)
- Strong interest in thin film deposition and/or structural/magnetic characterization (essential)
- Strong interest in polarized neutron reflectometry and/or polarized synchrotron spectroscopy (essential)
- Strong interest to work temporarily at large-scale research facilities in China, Europe, United States, Japan and/or Australia (essential)
- Good communication skills, good command of English (essential)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment (essential)
- Ability to author scientific reports and scientific publications (essential)
- Application deadline: 15 March 2018
- Submit your curriculum vitae and make short statements how your application matches the above given selection criteria
- Send all documents electronically to: Frank.Klose at gtiit.edu.cn<mailto:Frank.Klose at gtiit.edu.cn>
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by GTIIT for interview arrangements
- Shortlisted candidates should arrange for two letters of recommendation to be sent to:Frank.Klose at gtiit.edu.cn<mailto:Frank.Klose at gtiit.edu.cn>
Prof Frank Klose
Phone: +86 (754) 88077101
Email: Frank.Klose at gtiit.edu.cn<mailto:Frank.Klose at gtiit.edu.cn>
Professor – Material and Science Engineering Program
Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
Materials and Quantum Beams
241 Da Xue Road, Shantou, 515063
Guangdong Province, PR China
Email: Frank.Klose at GTIIT.edu.cn<mailto:Frank.Klose at GTIIT.edu.cn>
Phone (work): +86 (754) 88077101
Phone (mobile): +86 136 7046 7342
Office: A328 Admin Building
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Neutron