[Neutron] Invitation to MATRAC 1 School 'Application of Neutrons and Synchrotron Radiation in Materials Science' to be held in Lauenburg and Hamburg, Germany, September 2 to 7, 2018

Nicola.Kampner at hzg.de Nicola.Kampner at hzg.de
Mon Jun 4 11:44:31 CEST 2018

Dear colleagues

The MATRAC 1 School "Application of Neutrons and Synchrotron Radiation in
Materials Science" will be held in Lauenburg and Hamburg, Germany, from 2
to 7 September 2018. The school will be performed in cooperation with the
Röntgen-Ångström-Cluster (http://www.rontgen-angstrom.eu), the BMBF
(Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung, Germany), the North German
Länder and SINE 2020.

A systematic overview of the application of neutrons and synchrotron
radiation to the structural analysis of engineering materials will be
provided. The focus of the practical training will be on synchrotron
experiments. Neutron data analysis will also be practised. Therefore, the
school consists of a two-day theoretical course in Lauenburg, followed by
two days of experiments at GEMS/DESY in Hamburg. The fifth day of the
school offers further talks and a final discussion. All relevant
experimental methods will be covered.

The extended registration deadline is 15 June 2018.

For further information, please have a look at https://www.hzg.de/matrac

We are looking forward to your registration.

Best regards

Martin Müller
(on behalf of all co-organisers)

____________________________
Nicola Kampner (Ms)
Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht
Institute of Materials Research
Max-Planck-Str. 1
21502 Geesthacht
Germany
Phone  +49-4152-87-2555
Fax       +49-4152-87-2666
Email   nicola.kampner at hzg.de

Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht
Zentrum für Material- und Küstenforschung GmbH
Max-Planck-Straße 1 I 21502 Geesthacht I Deutschland/Germany

Geschäftsführer/Board of Management: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Kaysser, Dipl.-Ing. Michael Ganß
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Ministerialdirigent Dr. Herbert Zeisel
Amtsgericht Lübeck HRB 285 GE (Register Court)
Internet: http://www.hzg.de