[Neutron] Bachelor Summer Program at UJF - Grenoble FRANCE

Sophie DEBRION sophie.debrion at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Mon Feb 4 17:07:22 CET 2013

Dear neutron users,

The Joseph Fourier University in Grenoble, France, is organizing for the
second consecutive year, a summer educational program to attract
undergraduate students into Science, and in particular to subjects
related to large scale facilities.
See the website:
http://www.ujf-grenoble.fr/international/bachelor-summer-program/

It is a 6 weeks program, from June 3 till July 13, with a 45 hour French
course and a 60 hour scientific course in English.
Two courses are available among which "Introduction to large scale
facilities: probing matter with synchrotron and neutron radiation".
Most of the courses will be organized as tutorials and practicals,
including visits of ILL and ESRF.

Students are welcome to participate. There are reduced tuition fees (500
EUR) since this is the second year of the program.
Some grants are available for students wishing to also take part in a
research project at ILL, ESRF or EMBL until the end of July.

*Application deadline: 22nd of March*
Contact: summer-program at ujf-grenoble.fr
<mailto:summer-program at ujf-grenoble.fr>

As a neutron facility  user, you may be involved in large scale facility
work with students around you that are potential candidates. We would
greatly appreciate if you could spread around this information.
Do not hesitate to contact us for further information. We hope to
welcome some students here in Grenoble!
Sophie de Brion
Program coordinator

Dr Sophie de Brion
Université Joseph Fourier - Grenoble I
North America academic coordinator
http://www.ujf-grenoble.fr/

Institut Néel
CNRS / Université Joseph Fourier
http://neel.cnrs.fr/
bat D
25 avenue des Martyrs 38 042 Grenoble cedex 9 FRANCE
tel. +33 (0)476 88 79 12
bureau K 210
mob.  06 74 65 71 52